Monday, June 29, 2009

Emily's Bat Mitzvah

Last Saturday it was a pleasure to be part of Emily's Bat Mitzvah. She is a wonderful girl. One of the smartest, most mature, practical, but still extremely fun thirteen year olds I've ever meet. I did learn a couple of things by photographing my first Bat Mitzvah. One being I really wish I would have taken a World Religions class at BYU. Then I wouldn't have asked so many dumb questions. Ok-just so the rest of you know. And I swear somewhere in my little blonde head I knew it too, but I was nervous and asked both of these questions in a row. "So would they have a copy of the Torah at home." The Rabbi answered yes the would have it in book version not on the roll like this one here is. I think this was the kindest way he could have answered because later I overheard in the ceremony that the Torah is the first five books of the old testement. So in actuality I have the Torah in book form at home too. I felt completely stupid. I the next question I asked was, "Is the Torah in Latin." Oh my...no no it's in Hebrew. If I was thinking I would have known. But know I will never forget and I must admit that Emily's talk inspired me to brush up on my old testement.
more to come (I have the best of intentions to come back and add more photos), but I most post it now or it might never happen.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
I take photos. Lots of them. I need to buy a new external hard drive so that I can contain all of them.

About This Blog

This is where I post photos I take--some as part of my business and some as part of my daily life. I keep a more serious business website at http://slcphotobooth.com, but I use this to keep people updated on things that I'm doing. I love to hear from people near and far who are both amateur and professional photographers.

My contact information is on my slcphotobooth.com page. If you have any questions, comments, or just want to talk photography drop me an email. If you're a photographer in Salt Lake City area, please feel free to give me a call and we'll have lunch. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers

  © Template by Creator 2008

Back to TOP