Friday, March 20, 2009

How to lose ten pounds in one photo!

See a follow-up post from January 1, 2010 with more tips at my new blog here!

Julie, my sister, and I have been very close despite the difference of eight years in age. She has been my mentor, and I've been imittating her since I was one. She is a great business woman and owner of Cosmo Cricket Scrapbook Products. For years we have talked like best friends. And inevitably, like any two girls, we discus how we are going to make our very voluptuous Rubenisc bodies into the more modern petite Degasisc ballet dancer bodies. Julie is always telling me the latest diet she is trying. I take very good notes that I decide to eat with chocolate later. As we both struggle with this war that has plagued women for decades, I mentioned to Julie there are a few tricks to deceive a photo into making you look like you have lost ten pounds. This is a much better trick than the gaining ten pounds that the camera usually adds! And since I know that as women; we are always struggling to lose that extra ten pounds that we gained in college, after we had that baby, we need to lose before summer...you get the idea. These are handy to have up your sleeve.

Julie was a great sport to pose for these photos. We hurried and snapped them in the five minute interval that we overlapped down at my mom's house. Seriously, I got there late and she was already asleep and then she left bright and early in the morning. I was literally running around convincing her we could squeeze it in somewhere between Jack crying to take home his rock collection and Kate and Abby's pigtails.

photobooth, photo booth, salt lake city, wedding, photographer, utah, rent, rental, great photographer, fun, trendy, photo booth, rent,
photobooth, photo booth, salt lake city, wedding, photographer, utah, rent, rental, great photographer, fun, trendy, photo booth, rent,
photobooth, photo booth, salt lake city, wedding, photographer, utah, rent, rental, great photographer, fun, trendy, photo booth, rent,
photobooth, photo booth, salt lake city, wedding, photographer, utah, rent, rental, great photographer, fun, trendy, photo booth, rent,
  • good posture
  • show your smallest point (waist) and a waist turned to the side is even smaller!
  • keeps arms up and away keeping them thin and defining your waist
  • use depth of field to your advantage
  • shoot above when able
  • put weight on leg farthest from camera
PS. I've been thinking of doing other tips in future blogs. Maybe something along the lines of how to use natural light beautifully, how to take good photos with a point and shoot, how to pose couples, how to make your own photo back drops, different tips in Photoshop. If you have any suggestion let me know.

See a follow-up post from January 1, 2010 with more tips at my new blog here!

10 comments:

Anonymous March 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

yay!!! and God bless you!!! group pictures are the worst for me...i look huge...even bigger than normal...thank you so much for the tips!!!
chelle

Natasja Cats - Verbeek March 22, 2009 at 1:56 AM  

Thank you for those amazing tips and showing us the difference!! I make sure to keep them all in mind and can't wait to see the rest :)

ScrapMomOf2 March 23, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

Great post! Julie, you look wonderful!!

Jayne March 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Kristal March 23, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Loved this post and can't wait to see more great tips from a great photographer like yourself.

Life Happens December 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Just came across your blog. Love these tips!

syamllb December 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

that was very helpful.....thanks...

abhishek madhekar December 29, 2009 at 4:17 AM  

oh thats great! i'll def use these tips to click.

Ariel Shem Tov December 30, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

wow!!! thnks!

Cat February 25, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

i just LOVE your great tips - and thanks so much for sharing them with us.

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
I take photos. Lots of them. I need to buy a new external hard drive so that I can contain all of them.

About This Blog

This is where I post photos I take--some as part of my business and some as part of my daily life. I keep a more serious business website at http://slcphotobooth.com, but I use this to keep people updated on things that I'm doing. I love to hear from people near and far who are both amateur and professional photographers.

My contact information is on my slcphotobooth.com page. If you have any questions, comments, or just want to talk photography drop me an email. If you're a photographer in Salt Lake City area, please feel free to give me a call and we'll have lunch. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers

  © Template by Creator 2008

Back to TOP