Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Newton Machine




I love Topshop! It's a shopping store in the UK. I absolutely love their clothes, so I signed up to get their newsletter sent to my email. Topshop is hosting a "Newton Machine" to honor Helmut Newton. Come to find out Helmut Newton was reputed to be one of the most expensive photographers ever, demanding £100,000 to £200,000 per day, plus expenses. (why didn't I learn about him in a photography class? ahem--byu photo teachers) Anyway a "Newton Machine" (I love when photographers name things after themself--another favorite is the rayogram by Man Ray) is a machine; well, a camera, lights, tripod, huge mirror, and a twenty foot long cable release that lets the models take photos of themselves. Basically it was a way for him still to get paid his exorbinant amount of 200,000 pounds a day and not do anything. I thought it was a very fun idea and wasn't that unsimilar to my photo booth idea. Now I just need a huge mirror and a long cable realese and we are in business to bring a "Newton Machine" to your wedding. Brilliant! This is why it pays to go shopping!

Here is a link to see a Newton Machine in full swing. It looks like a ton of fun!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
I take photos. Lots of them. I need to buy a new external hard drive so that I can contain all of them.

About This Blog

This is where I post photos I take--some as part of my business and some as part of my daily life. I keep a more serious business website at http://slcphotobooth.com, but I use this to keep people updated on things that I'm doing. I love to hear from people near and far who are both amateur and professional photographers.

My contact information is on my slcphotobooth.com page. If you have any questions, comments, or just want to talk photography drop me an email. If you're a photographer in Salt Lake City area, please feel free to give me a call and we'll have lunch. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers

  © Template by Creator 2008

Back to TOP